Our extended care program offers both before and after school care to those families who may need that service. You will find the program’s description, admission policies, fees and other pertinent information below.
If your family intends to make use of this program (before and/or after school care) during the upcoming school year, please note that all necessary paperwork and registration fees must be submitted to the school office as soon as possible. Space will be limited and registrations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.
ASK For Fun Program
- Provide a safe, encouraging environment for children needing before and/or after school care in a familiar setting.
- Schedule appropriate physical activities, quiet study time, and enrichment activities for all participants to enhance the regular school day experience.
- Allow for interaction with other children and adult caregivers to help foster a sense of community.
- The ASK For Fun Program is available to St. Mary-Sacred Heart School students. Students in any grade level may be enrolled in either or both the before school and after school portions of the program. An application and all necessary paperwork must be submitted for any of these enrollment options for each participant.
- The ASK For Fun Program is a voluntary program available to families who need extended care for their children either before or after the normal school hours. In order to ensure the safety of all participants, parents and students must follow the program’s established rules and regulations in order to continue in the program.
- There will be a $30 registration fee per child ($20 for second child in a family with a $50 maximum per family). This fee will be used to help fund the program’s materials and equipment costs. This fee must be submitted with the application and necessary paperwork before any child may participate in the program.
- Participants may use the before school portion of the program (7:15 AM to 8:40 AM) on an “as needed” basis. Any student who arrives at school prior to 8:40 AM will be placed in the program for that day for proper supervision and to ensure the student’s safety (unless the student has a pre-arranged activity like academic assistance from a classroom teacher). Parents will be billed accordingly.
- Participants in the after school portion of the program must be signed up for a specific day or days per week. Registration for less than two days per week needs prior approval from the program coordinator. The program coordinator must be given at least two weeks’ notice of any changes to a participant’s schedule so that appropriate staffing changes can be made if needed. Parents will be billed for original schedule for the two weeks following notification of change, whether the student attends the program or not.
Fees are as follows:
|Service Provided||Per Day||Per Week|
|Before school care (any arrival between 8:00 AM and 8:40 AM)||$7.00||$35.00|
|Extended before school care (any arrival between 7:15 AM and 7:59 AM)||$13.00||$65.00|
|After school care (any pickup between 3:15 PM and 4:44 PM)||$12.00||$60.00|
|Extended after school care (any pickup between 4:45 PM and 6:00 PM)||$22.00||$110.00|
|After school care on a half-day of school (any portion of time between 12:00 and 6:00 PM). If you commit to using our after school care on a half day you will be financially responsible for this $35 fee regardless of the amount of time the child attends.||$35.00||n/a|
|Late fee for pickups after 6:00 PM (Note: Fee is for every 15 minutes or portion thereof.)||$15.00||n/a|
- Fees may be paid weekly to the program director by check (payable to Saint Mary-Sacred Heart School) on a regular basis.
- Delinquent accounts can result in dismissal of a child from either before or after school program.
- Regular, prompt payments will assure the continued employment of personnel and provision of supplies as well as the success of the program.
- Due to the staffing requirements for the after school care program, deductions or credits to an invoice or substitutions in days may not be taken if a child cannot attend his/her regularly scheduled afternoon due to illness or other activity.
- Scholarship assistance is available for those who qualify.
The before school care session will be held in the school lunchroom. Students will have the opportunity to work on assignments if needed. Table games will also be available to the students until 8:30 AM. Weather permitting, students will go outside for outdoor play on the playground from 8:30 AM to 8:55 AM. All students will be lined up for entry into the school at 8:55 AM.
The after school care session will follow this schedule:
|3:15 – 3:30 PM||Snack, changing of clothes if necessary, and clean up.|
|3:30 – 4:15 PM||Quiet time for homework assignments, reading, etc.|
|4:15 – 5:15 PM||Physical activities on the playground or in the church hall (depending on weather).|
|5:15 – 6:00 PM||Miscellaneous activities (will vary according to students’ interests and availability of resources).|
The after school care session will be held in various areas of the school and church hall depending on the activity. Quiet study time will be required of all participants according to the above schedule and assisted (not tutored) by teachers and/or aides if needed. Additional quiet academic activities will be provided to those students who do not have any homework assignments to complete. Miscellaneous activities may include computer time, arts-related projects, and various special offerings.